It’s officially fall, though I’m not quite sure the weather is on board yet. Cloudy and moody? Yes. Rainy and humid with temps in the mid 70s? Also yes. Let’s shoot for sunny and crisp, Mmmmmmmkay, Mother Nature?
Anyway, here’s what I’m crushin’ on this week…
- Roman Apple Cake – Omiword, it’s actually like a mouthful of autumn, sans the crunchy leaves or football commentators. We made a panful last weekend and it was gone the next morning. Trust me when I say that it’s exceptionally yummy and has a sweet story shared with it, too.
- Surprise Family Trip – We’re surprising our kids with a family trip this weekend, and I think we’re pretty much like kids ourselves as we look forward to it. We’re excited to nab Beck midday from school, road trip our way south, eat some yummy comfort foods, and take in the beauty that is Tennessee in the fall. The last time we were there two years ago, everyone was so little! ‘Scuse me while I wipe a sad little tear away as I marvel at those bitty faces…
- Spreading Pumpkin Spice Like Confetti – This is actually just a metaphor for the fact this is one of my FAVORITE times of year because it signifies the transition into the holiday season. October largely means three important things for me: Harry Potter on repeat until New Years Day, Halloween decor, and all the pumpkin books. Seriously, my favorite book of all time – Big Pumpkin by Erica Silverman – is a Halloween read. ((If you’re a teacher or parent, here are my top ten favorite pumpkin stories + activities that go with each of them!))
- Nutpod Creamer – For my fellow FWTFL babes, this is GOOD dairy-free creamer that is made with a mix of coconut and almond milk. It has 0 carbs, 0 sugar, 1 g fat, and is only 10 calories per tablespoon! I’ve found it to be a GREAT option for replacing milk or dairy-based creamer without breaking my fast every morning. Plus, it adds a touch of sweetness to my morning cup. MAJOR WIN. (You can learn more about my FASTer Way to Fat Loss experiences HERE.)
- The Everygirl Listens: Fall playlist on Spotify – Jam-packed with 45 songs and just under 3-hours of music, this set will having you fall vibin’ hard. From Adele to Billy Joel to Birdy to Gavin DeGraw to The Head and the Heart, you will love every.single.track.
Did you catch last week’s favorite things posts? Read it HERE! The Fall Bucket list is amazing!
This post contains affiliate links for the convenience of the reader. Should you choose to make a purchase after clicking through a link, I will earn a commission. This will not affect your purchase or purchase price. Cookies may track your purchases for up to 30 days after visiting.
Join the newsletter
Subscribe to get our latest content by email.