Welcome to Day Four of Celebrate Reading Month on The Inspired Apple! I’m so glad you’re here!
Today, I’m sharing a fun writing craft that is perfect to use for book reviews/reports, Read Across America, or anytime of year when you want to get your little readers thinking about reading! The writing component is open-ended, so you can determine the type of prompt your students will respond to. I also know how valuable your time is, so this craft is super simple and requires very little prep on your end.
Objective: Construct a bookworm craft + respond to writing prompt
Materials: Templates OR Coloring Sheets, scissors, glue, writing paper (3 choices – lined, dotted lined, blank)
- Provide students with templates on colored copy paper OR coloring page.
- Cut out templates OR color.
- Paste shapes together to create bookworm OR cut out colored bookworm.
- Complete writing prompt (teacher determines what students will respond to).
- Paste bookworm to the top of the writing prompt to display.
- Have students share their responses with one another or the class.
Where do I get this craft?
You can grab the templates, coloring pages, and writing paper HERE!
It’s Celebrate Reading Month on The Inspired Apple – a whole month dedicated to reading activities, ideas, lessons, freebies, and MORE! Day One and Day Two both included FREE resources and Day Three is hosting a ongoing giveaway! Make sure you stop by each day to check it out!
JOIN THE INSPIRED APPLE NOW
These FREE resources are an instant download upon a confirmed subscription.